Friday, April 30, 2010

'la perla de la matriz'

¡acabado! 


'la perla (de la matriz)' is finished (I went for the Spanish translation as it flows better, is closer to my heart, and Romanian felt too foreign on the tongue!). My third piece done in y e a r s, however, this one actually took me more than 15 minutes (and without the help of National Geographic cutouts from the '40s). 'the pearl of the womb' is based on one of my first visions through Ashera. If I can't articulate my sessions through words, at least I watercolour paper, dried plants and an x-acto knife.


4 comments:

  1. More than anything, I can see you as a mother. I say this from the bottom of my heart. I know your path has been very long and sometimes hard but some part of me can see motherhood 'healing' you and placing you where you need to be.
    Hope this is not to blunt!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all! As far as I'm concerned -- little is "too" blunt. :)
    I appreciate the words! And thank you from all I've got, M!
    Happy weekend to you, too!
    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely, miss L!! Words can not express how much I appreciate the work of your hands, and your mind! Beautiful, mama! You're a peach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, my dear. Thank you... :)

    ReplyDelete